Pages

Thursday 12 November 2020

Novel Study

 Boy - Roald Dahl



This week for our novel study we had to read pages 108 - 126.  That was two chapters,  Captain Hardcastle &  Little Ellis and the Boil.  Our activity we had to do was writing a blog post about what I think the 1920s - 1930s were like.  
 
What have you learned so far about life in the 1920s-1930s from reading this book? Give examples specifically about how things were different or similar. 

I have learnt that I would not like to live in the 1900s because I would hate to get the cane. It's very different from 2020 because now if we get the cane it's child abuse.

If you were going to write an autobiography about your life, what would be some main events that you would include? What has made a big impact on your life?

I would add when my brothers were born, 22/7/17 & 31/10/20. A big impact on my life is when they were born because they are so adorable if there aren't crying.

Have you read any other Roald Dahl books? Which ones? Compare the stories; which one have you liked better and why? If not, have you read David Walliams? Do you notice anything similar between the two author’s writing styles?

Yes I have. I have read BFG, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Twits and a whole bunch more. I have also read David Walliams books and his a very simler. They are really cool and I like them alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.